Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Above what we ask or think

My heart hasn't felt this much happiness in about three months.  I am almost wordless (shock!) about what to even say!!

Yesterday, a new friend of mine (I met her at Renae's baby shower this summer) Kara, called and said she wanted to surprise me with something.  We decided to meet up today after I got off work.  (Side note: she brought her precious cutie pie, Jax, who is just three days older than Holden! Such a perfect, easy-going little guy!) =)

Well, I am really just inadequately going to have to describe the gift J.D. and Kara gave us.  In Kara's hands were two framed photographs.  I saw them and knew exactly what they were!....A water well in Holden's honor, was built in Uganda.  It provides CLEAN, HEALTHY water to 2000 people from 8 villages.  Chet and I are SO passionate about clean water, and we absolutely know this was completely in the hands of our Almighty God!

Kara's husband works with a lady, Ramon, who helps build the wells in Uganda.  Ramon had just prayed to the Lord to lead her to either continue building wells or do something else to serve Him, the day Kara and J.D. decided to do this, as she had just run out of funds to build more wells.  That very afternoon, she received Kara's email about building one!!!  Two prayers were answered that day.  Holden's life has such an eternal purpose.  I am praying for those precious Ugandans.  I know this will change their lives.

Here's in iPhone photo of the picture frame.  Aren't these children beautiful?!  I'm shaking uncontrollably writing this.  My heart is so happy and filled with such joy.



I know my words are really jumbled and crazy, but I type what I feel.  PRAISE OUR PERFECT, WONDERFUL SAVIOR!!!  Kara and J.D., you are servants for the King.  Your work is for the Lord and I KNOW the impact is eternal.  We love you so very, very much.  I think you epitomize these verses from Philippians 2:1-4:
 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.


I think clean water is such a picture of our salvation.  I hope this clean water is a way for these precious Ugandans to feel Christ's love for them, through His servants.  I pray it will lead them to Living Water.  I got chills when I thought about this verse tonight:

For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ Revelation 7:17

6 comments:

  1. PS A better telling of the whole story, plus more pictures, are coming soon. I just had to get this wonderful PRAISE out there. I am on my knees in gratefulness tonight.
    Sweet Holden, your life may not be as I had ever wished or planned, but your life is so meaningful and perfect. I love you and your sweet life, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate your beloved Holden! and our Wonderful Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!! What an awesome tribute to Holden's life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise our Lord! I don't even have adequate words to say. I'm completely speechless. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara and I graduated high school together and I can honestly say that I have a new found love and deep respect for her. I am humbled by her sweet spirit and generosity! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gift. Some friends just know the perfect way to show their love and compassion. I love to hear these stories. What a great friend - she is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete