Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mold me

"Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words."  Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.   Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:  "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?" says the LORD. Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! 
Jeremiah 18:2-6

I had always figured I had a pretty good sense of the whole "mold me" concept.  After all, I was always taught the Scripture, memorized the Scripture, etc.  It was easy to understand the concept.  Just watch as God 'molded away', right?  He's ultimately in control any ways.


I think it isn't so much sitting back and saying, "Go ahead and mold", as it is giving ourselves completely and wholly over to His hands.  Listening to what He wants in our lives.  Sometimes things in life just really don't fit into what we want for our lives.  I know losing my firstborn child was NOT anywhere near what I had molded for my life.  I just know that it is part of the beautiful vessel Jesus is molding out of our lives.  


I want to live a molded life.  I have a long, long ways to go to becoming the beautiful vessel He is lovingly creating; it'll likely take my entire lifetime.  I am just grateful He is patient enough to take my muddy life and use it to create a pretty vessel.  He has had to re-shape me a lot.  


Adam was made from dust.  God breathed life into dust and created the human population.  I don't want to remain dust.  I want to allow His artwork to masterfully create in me the vessel He is designing; even if that means the design isn't one I would have picked for myself all the time.





1 comment:

  1. i missed posts during my internet absence! sarah, i love hearing your heart, obediently choosing the Lord's will over and over again in the midst of deep suffering. you challenge me to find joy in obedience.

    ReplyDelete