Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear Holden,

"I Can Only Imagine" was playing on the radio earlier this evening.  I can only imagine what it will be like on that day when I will be re-united with you, precious baby.  Meeting our Saviour and getting to see you again...what a day.  I can only imagine. 
 
Mommy has had lots of time to think about you for the past 18 days.  I thought about my pregnancy with you the most today.  You were such a good baby!  We worked a lot together this hot summer, and you were just comfy and content.  I'm so proud of you son!  I am re-living each moment I had with you in my heart.  All of your sweet kicks, all of your sweet punches and rolls.  Even the nausea and tiredness in our first few months together meant you were healthy.  I want to read another book with you.  I am SO blessed to be called your mommy.  I know each second we had together was absolutely priceless.

What an honor more than words that God would allow me to have such a precious gift as you, even for such a short time.  I am so blessed. 
 
As I looked in the mirror today, I actually thanked God for my body.  This body was your womb home, the only home you knew on earth.  How special is that?!  The stretched skin was where you once were growing so big and healthy. 

I thought I would be taking pictures of you sleeping on your exhausted Daddy's chest by now.  I know you are in the loving arms of your Heavenly Daddy though. 

I love you more than ever.  I love you so much it hurts.
~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. My fear in God is probably not suffienct enough when I say that I have always looked forward to meeting Jesus, but since losing Tatum I can't even describe my anticipation. I can only imagaine what it will be like to have my hold family together and have that baby girl in my arms again. I love holden's little nose by the way!

    ReplyDelete