Friday, September 17, 2010

Sleeplessness and laundry

I woke up many times last night, wishing I was waking up with my sweet Holden.  This morning I read many facebook statuses complaining about waking up with a baby in the middle of the night and/or waking up to too much laundry because of the baby.  I would have probably said those things too, not very long ago.  I ache to wake up 10 times in the middle of the night to hold my baby, and then open my eyes to 10 loads of dirty baby clothes in the morning. 

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD. 1 Samuel 1: 27-28


Thank you Lord for taking care of our Holden! 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Sarah, you are such a reminder to us mommies to enjoy each and every moment (good or bad) with our babies/kids. I thank God for putting you in my life because you have such a perspective on life that makes me want to know Him more. You are such a blessing in every way. I'm literally crying as I type (silly hormones) because you are such an amazing mom! My words can't express how you & Chet have changed my life! I yearn to see you in person and soon (Christmas) we can hug!! Hope this doesn't sound silly...you know the brain of a 31 week pregnant lady LOL. Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I am a friend of Blair. I know the pain you are going through. I lost my baby boy Ethan at 18 weeks. It is definitely the hardest thing to live through. I am praying for God's peace for you and your husband. I too had trouble sleeping after our loss. My doctor actually prescribed ambien for me and it really helped. I think I only used it a few nights, but I think I was just so exhausted I couldn't sleep. If that makes sense?

    Your faith is inspiring to me, I have been blessed to read your blog and am reminded to enjoy the blessings from God each and every day.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete