Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Holden Newell Erwin

The most precious gift that could ever be given to us, our son Holden Newell Erwin, was born on Saturday, August 28th. He was already in heaven with Jesus when he was born. He was the most beautiful person we have ever seen, 7 lbs. 5 oz. and 21 inches long.
The first time he opened his eyes, he saw Jesus.

The outpouring of love and prayers from friends and family has reached out to us in a way that we cannot describe by mere words. I will one day blog about all of this more. We will post pictures of our sweet baby and write from our hearts about this journey.

Our little Holden has touched us forever, and I know we will meet him again.

His service yesterday morning was beautiful. God's presence was known the whole time.

For now I just want to thank Jesus for the amazing gift of life our son was to us for the 38 weeks and 5 days he was on earth. His life is not over, it has just started.

We thank everyone who has been here for us. I will never be able to use words to impart the blessing our friends and family are.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah- I saw where Blair posted about the loss of your beautiful baby boy. Know that you and Chet and in my thoughts and prayers. I have 3 babies in heaven also. I did not carry my babies as long as you did, but the pain of losing a child is a horrible thing for anyone to go through. If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to ask.

    Kate

    (I use to live down the hall from you in college with Tish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah- I just found your blog! I had no idea about Holden. I am so so sorry friend. I am sitting here reading your post and have tear rolling down my face. What a great testimony of faith in our great kind you have! I am so thankful that you have the Lord and that Holden is singing and dancing in heaven now. Thank you for sharing your heart and your faith. I hope that others see God's glory through it and believe in His faithfulness. Please know that I will be praying for you and Chet.
    Miss you!
    Love,
    Brittany (johnson) McGough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your love and prayers are precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you don't know me, but i just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers. We lost our son at one day old when he was born full term in October 2006. We also lost a daughter to unexplained stillbirth at 25 weeks in September 2007.

    Today we have a healthy 20 month old daughter and a surprise gender baby coming in 3-4 weeks time.

    I guess i just felt like i needed to reach out and tell you that i know how you feel. I have walked in this darkness and emerged slowly into the light at the other side. Loosing my first two children has altered me in ways that only people like us will fathom. Now i am a stronger person for my experiences and although there will always be two distinct holes in our family, we have come to terms with our losses.

    Take each day as it comes, because that's all you can do. Pause now and again to look back and appreciate how far you've come in your grief. It does get better.

    With love and heartfelt hugs from one angel mummy to another. xxx

    ReplyDelete