Thursday, September 16, 2010

Give Thanks


In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

In Thessalonians, Paul did not instruct us to be thankful for only the "good" things.  He said "in every thing" give thanks.  Autumn always reminds me of thankfulness.  Never in my life have I had so much to be thankful for.  What an extreme blessing we were given this year to become parents.  I can't think of anything on earth that deserves more thanks to our Lord!  I also know so clearly how our most precious moments can be taken from us in an instant.  I hope I can live a life more grateful of what I have, and truly enjoy each precious moment. 

I am so ready for the weather to start acting like fall, so today I decided to go through our storage shed to look for some autumn decor.  I have hopes that the the weather might get the hint as well.  Well, after putting some of the pumpkins on our mantle, I decided the mantle needed a fresh look.  We had some black paint in the garage...so voila!  I really like our new black mantle.

As you can see, I clearly do NOT possess an ounce of decorating abilities, and probably should be forbidden from all projects like this...especially posting pictures of them on the internet.  But I still like the autumn feel in our home now.  It made me smile.  :)  [I've never been gifted in the decorating department.  I blame my twin sister, who apparently took all the craftiness and decorating genes in the womb.  Many a day I have wanted to hire a professional decorator.  Today was one of those days.] 

It was a busy day.  I am so thankful for my many wonderful friends and family who have lifted us up. 

We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 1 Thessalonians 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment