Friday, October 8, 2010

Kayson Scott Ballem

Only an Aunt...
can give hugs like a mother,
can keep secrets like a sister,
and share love like a friend.

October 9, 2006 I was given the extreme privilege to be called "Auntie".  Kayson Scott Ballem's arrival changed my life!  There's nothing quite like being an auntie.  Kayson has been a great reminder in my life of God's blessings.  Watching him grow has just been so incredible.  I can't believe it's been FOUR years since I walked into that hospital room and fell in love.  Absolutely perfect love.  Where does time go?

When Charys was pregnant, I already loved Kayson and couldn't wait to meet him.  But when she had him, and I first laid eyes on him, I was blown away with how much love I had for a baby that was not even 'mine'.  My nephew is pretty amazing. 

I browsed through literally hundreds of pictures of Kayson on my computer last night.  Charys sent me an email every day documenting his life while I was in college.  Opening those emails were the best part of my day!  Looking through his pictures made me laugh and cry.  It's crazy to think "my baby" is 4 and is reading beginner books, knows his shapes, colors and sounds...and LOVES robots, creepy crawlies, dirt, trucks...and of course his baby brother!  ((sighs)) Turn back time a little please.

I love you Kayson Scott!  Happy 4th Birthday!

~Auntie Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you truly are the most amazing auntie in the whole wide world. My boys are so very blessed. These 4 years went too fast.
    And yes, being an auntie is the most amazing gift in the world. Overwhelming love. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete